Aging True, is a 50 year old, non-profit organization located in Jacksonville, Florida. We are formerly Urban Jacksonville, Inc. and Cathedral Foundation. We provide a wide variety of important services to seniors and disabled adults in our community.
The Care Services Director is a highly responsible and visible professional who interacts with all positions throughout the organization. This position manages the various case-managed programs such as Community Care for the Elderly, Home Care for the Elderly, and Alzheimer’s Disease Initiative. The position also works closely with clients and caregivers, volunteers and from all community resources as related to clients served by Aging True. The position supervises assigned staff positions.
Requires a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Nursing or related field.
- Preference will be given to persons with 1) experience working with the elderly and 2) social work training or experience 3) managed-care or health-related experience
- Previous experience managing budgets and fiscal oversight
- Requires dependable personal transportation.
- Requires valid Florida Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
- Must submit to DOEA background checks and drug screening.
- Supervises staff providing case management and case aide services.
- Supervision of all case management programs and processes.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, supervision, and retention of program staff.
- Networking and collaboration with other health and long term care providers to coordinate services for frail elders.
- Coordinates the initiation of program services for clients funded through DOEA.
- Handles client issues through case staffing with case managers in a timely manner.
- Processes high-risk APS clients within established guidelines.
- Provides reports as necessary to manage the program according to funding guidelines.
- Ensure timely follow-up with the client/caregiver to resolve reported problems.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30-5:30 p.m.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, additional time maybe required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position in a stationary position 50% of the time. Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Anyone with these skills that is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference in the title of the email, Job Title: Care Services Director and Job code #CSC2017 closing date June 30, 2017.
AGING TRUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE