Summary: This is a full-time non-supervisory position which is responsible for the agency’s monthly Home Health billing. The position reports directly to the Controller and also assists senior financial management staff in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department. This position performs a variety of tasks which include but are not limited to managing daily financial records and reporting of program status. These duties require the ability to perform a variety of accounting tasks by applying the accepted and/or approved policies and procedures of the accounting department.
Qualifications/Requirements: Minimum qualifications include a high school diploma and two (2) years of experience in a Home Health Agency billing environment. Prior medical billing and healthcare insurance knowledge preferred. The candidate must successfully complete all pre-hire screenings, including a level II background screening and re-screen every five years. Previous experience with ADP or another outsourced payroll service is a plus.
Qualified candidates also:
- Must have math, reading and writing abilities
- Must be able to follow complex instructions and technical terminology
- Must demonstrate an understanding of standard bookkeeping procedures
- Must have proficiency and accuracy in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, 10-key calculator and general ledger software
- Must be able to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy, to make difficult mathematical computations with and without mechanical assistance
- Must have working knowledge of financial concepts, practices and procedures, with the ability to apply according to the policy and procedures of the accounting department and/or organization
- Must have a working knowledge of Medicare/Manage Care rules and regulations
- Must be detailed-oriented and possess analytical skills
- Coordinates with client’s staff to obtain required documentation from physicians which satisfy regulatory billing requirements.
- Sends and monitors the status of all 485s and physician supplemental orders to ensure they are signed and returned timely.
- Coordinates with the client’s staff to ensure that insurance authorizations, including managed care service authorizations and Veterans Administration authorizations, are obtained in advance of the start of new episodes. Coordinates with the client’s staff to ensure that frequencies are aligned with authorized visit levels and frequencies.
- Processes RAPs and EOEs for submission to the intermediary after verifying that all documentation and orders are complete.
- Processes claims for reimbursement from non-Medicare payers timely and follows up on status of non-payment.
- Prepares weekly report of overdue episodes and episodes for client’s staff review using optimal system functionality.
- Monitors eligibility reports for exceptions and discussion of follow up requirements with the client’s staff.
- Adheres to HIPAA and patient information privacy requirements.
- Knowledge of Kinser
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- May require sitting at a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
- Frequently will move about the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Constantly operates computer and other office equipment such as a calculator, copy machine and printers.
- The person in this position may occasionally move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various needs.
Anyone with these skills who is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to submit a resume to email@example.com and reference in the title of the email, Job Title: Billing & Data Analyst I and Job code #BILDAT0817 closing date September 30, 2017.
AGING TRUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE