The Case Manager will provide potential and existing clients with a thorough assessment of their current situation (demographics, mental and physical health, nutrition status, health conditions, caregiver status, social resources, and environment). The case manager develops, along with the client and/or caregiver, a comprehensive care plan that links the specific needs of the client to the appropriate resources (both formal and informal), with the agency itself and throughout the Jacksonville community. In addition, Case Manager will interact with staff within Aging True and throughout the Foundation, elders and their loved ones, and service providers throughout the community.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, sociology, psychology, or other related field.
• Must have excellent communication, organization and computer skills.
• Previous experience in social work training and/or gerontology a plus.
• Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid programs a plus.
• Requires a valid Florida driver’s license, auto insurance and use of personal vehicle.
• Must submit to a level II criminal background check and drug screen.
• Completion of comprehensive assessments in the client’s home to determine service needs and
• Development of appropriate care plan as a result.
• Serves as coordinator for all delivered services to clients and regularly communicates and monitors service delivery to assess the client’s progress on outcome goals and need for change.
• Arranges support services for caregivers when appropriate and counsels with them regarding the stresses of being a caregiver.
• Documents case history in the client case files. Works closely with case aides to maintain and keep files up to date.
• Terminates clients when service needs are achieved, services are no longer appropriate, or client requests termination.
• Networking and collaboration with medical professionals and social service providers to enhance and improve coordination of care for frail clients.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Requires sitting at a computer for up to 8 hours.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. Frequently in client home settings.
Anyone with these skills interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference in the title of the email, Job Title: Case Manager and Job code #CM0817. Closing date September 11, 2017.
AGING TRUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE