Helping to maintain people’s independence is the cornerstone philosophy of Meals on Wheels. For forty years we have been providing hot, nutritious meals to homebound elderly and disabled persons in Duval County. This position will be directly responsible for referrals regarding potential clients. Primary functions are also to include outreach, client eligibility, client education regarding funding, file maintenance, client counseling, nutrition education, and any other duties needed to support the daily operations of the Meals on Wheels Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, or related field
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Record with no more than two (2) moving violations and no more than one (1) at fault accidents within the past three (3) years. No DUIs or DWIs reported within the last five (5) years.
- Must possess excellent communication and people skills
- Proficiency in computer programs, including Microsoft office
- Attention to detail and data accuracy is a must
- Must submit to and pass an AHCA Level 2 background screening and drug screening
- Make evaluations on referrals, determining eligibility per appropriate program guidelines.
- Provide information and referral on clients needing additional social services.
- Act as liaison with other social service case managers/agencies for services.
- Educate clients regarding client contribution opportunity.
- Make eligibility re-determination on schedule as required by funding agencies.
- Maintain client files and records/reports appropriate to funding sources.
- Provide outreach, nutrition education and public education as necessary, to make eligible individuals aware of their own needs and services available.
- Assist in recruitment, supervision, coordination and training of all volunteers.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime may be required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time. Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Anyone with these skills who is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth, is encouraged to submit their resume. Closing date April 20, 2018.