Part-time position entails the assisting of functionally impaired elderly who are homebound with chores that they are unable to perform. Chores may include deep cleaning of the home environment: dusting, mopping, cleaning, sweeping, the interior areas of the residence. Outside chore may include trimming and raking yard. Chore may also include minor maintenance of property. This service is provided to foster a safe, secure and sanitary environment for the elderly person.
· Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
· Must be able to read, write, complete reports, and accept supervision.
· Experience with home management helpful.
· Must successfully complete 30 hours of classroom training and demonstrate proficiency in required duties.
· Submit to DOEA background checks and drug screening
· Accepts and completes written instructions for each client as provided by case manager that include specific tasks to be performed, as well as frequency and duration of those services.
· Complete written reports after each client visit describing general condition of residence, tasks performed, hours worked, travel time, mileage and critical incidents as the need arises.
· Attend case staffing on an as needed basis when assigned by the supervisor.
· Follow procedures as outlined in agency pre-service training in the event of a crisis in a client’s home.
· Attend 30 class hours of pre-service as outlined as outlined in agency training schedule.
· Chore workers must complete in-service training of six hours each year of employment.
· Must be responsible for his or her own transportation to each client’s assigned site during the workday.
· Recognize and preserve the dignity of each client.
· Keep all information about client and family confidential
· Complete all task assigned daily. Basic task include but are not limited to yard work, house cleaning, lifting and moving heavy furniture, and simple household repairs.
· Chore Workers will perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· Conduct scheduled visits as assigned weekly
· Report client related issues to the office immediately
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- The position will be available during designated business hours. Designated business hours means being readily available on the premises or by telecommunication.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime maybe required at times.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to move, transport, position, put, and remove equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various needs.
- Occasionally operates a computer other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Frequently is in client home setting and frequently in outside setting.
Anyone with these skills that is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference in the title of the email, Job Title: Chore Worker and Job code #CW476 closing date March 31, 2016.
AGING TRUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE