Summary: The Part-time Cook is responsible for following company recipes in preparing assigned foods for clients and customers based on client needs and contractual obligations.
Qualifications/Requirements: At least one year experience in food services industry in volume cooking. Knowledge of and experience in practicing proper safety standards in handling food and equipment. This position requires the ability to move hands skillfully in the cooking of products. This position also requires working with utensils, knives and other equipment to produce products. The candidate must successfully complete all pre-hire screenings. The candidate must also pass level II background screening and re-screen every five years.
- Must have basic math, reading and writing abilities.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to follow company and client policies, rules and regulations.
- Must be able to prioritize, use effective time management skills and multi-task.
- Responsible for preparing, cooking and portioning all menu items by following instructions on standardized recipes.
- Responsible for ensuring that the serving line is properly maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining cooking area and equipment in a clean, sanitary, neat and orderly manner.
- Responsible for counting and/or weighing items; add, subtract, multiply and divide; measure numbers, proportions and quantities of food products.
- Job requires employee to make judgments (ordering, scheduling, etc.).
- Job requires accepting responsibility for the planning of menu activity.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Food service general hours of operation are Monday through Sunday; 5:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime maybe required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds with minimal effort following required safety guidelines.
- Must be able to tolerate sudden and extreme changes in temperatures.
- Must be able to measure accurately and have sufficient dexterity to handle food and equipment efficiently and safely.
- Must be able to bend or stoop frequently at many intervals during the day.
- Must be able to reach short distances into the ovens to retrieve cooked products.
- Must be able to twist and rotate 180 degrees during each day.
- Must be able to follow the Health Standards of the food services industry.
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to walk on concrete surface.