The Daily Money Management Counselor will be responsible for providing applicants with a thorough assessment of their personal situation and financial position, arrange links within the community to assist the client, and coordinate a financial plan and budget. Responsibilities include monitoring the ongoing needs of the client, performing follow-up and re-assessment of financial plan, providing daily money management, and in some cases provide guardianship and guardian advocacy.
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Nursing or related field.
· Minimum 2 years experience in financial or personal money management.
· Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and a professional attitude.
· Must be flexible and adaptable to rapid changes in the daily work environment and be resourceful in solving problems.
· Ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds.
· Proficient with Microsoft Computer Software with excellent computer skills.
· Ability to work independently, prioritize work and manage multiple priorities on deadline.
· Submit to and pass DOEA Level II background check and drug screening.
· Provide financial counseling and daily money management as designated by supervisor, which includes arranging to pay bills, contracting for services, and negotiating with creditors for all assigned clients. Document case activity that has been provided for the client.
· Investigate community resources in order to coordinate services for clients and provide stable living situations.
· Develop case plan that outlines the appropriate services to be provided and the appropriate resource that is responsible. Develop a thorough financial plan that budgets and includes a strategy for obtaining financial stability.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
· Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime may be required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time. Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
· The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
· The person in this position frequently communicates with office staff who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Anyone with these skills that is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to submit their resume to email@example.com and reference in the title of the email, Job Title: Daily Money Management Counselor Job Code DMMC0517. The closing date is June 2, 2017
AGING TRUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE