The Director of Nursing plans, directs, coordinates, manages and supervises of all clinical functions and services
provided by the Agency. Assures quality of care in accordance with professional standards and services.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Currently licensed in the State of Florida.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of home care experience and one (1) year supervisory experience.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Additional languages an asset
- Valid state driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Current health certificate/physical examination and TB testing results.
- Current CPR card.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures Agency compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Supervise and manage non-clinical home care staff, provide supervisory visits for CNAs, LPNs, and clinical staff as required for skilled and non-skilled home care.
- Leads in the hiring of staff, providing training, performance evaluations as required.
- Communicates regularly with the Administrator and submits reports as requested.
- Open and manage new Life Care clients
- Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures, applicable laws, regulations and standards including but not limited to the CMS Conditions of Participation.
- Manage and schedule supervisory evaluations required for skilled and non-skilled home care.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of clinical documentation to ensure compliance with the plan of care and CMS regulations.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Represents the Agency in a positive and professional manner.
- Ensures staff are adequately trained and supervised
- Performs other duties as assigned
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, additional hours may be required at times.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
- The person in this position will occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Frequently in client home settings.
Anyone with these skills who is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to submit a resume to email@example.com and reference in the title of the email, Job Title: DON and Job code #DON1217 closing date January 5, 2018.
AGING TRUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE