Summary: This is a full-time non-supervisory position which is responsible for assisting/supporting senior accounting management staff in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department. This position’s area of responsibility consists of performing a variety of tasks which include but are not limited to payroll, accounts payable, month-end close, reconciliations, contract billing, analysis, and managerial reports, as well as special projects assigned by management. These duties require the ability to perform a variety of accounting tasks by applying the accepted and/or approved policies and procedures of the accounting department.
Qualifications/Requirements: Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in finance or accounting and at least three (3) years of experience in fiscal and accounting fields of work. Previous experience with ADP or another outsourced payroll service is a plus. The candidate must successfully complete all pre-hire screenings.The candidate must also pass level II background screening and re-screen every five years. Qualified candidates also:
- Must have math, reading and writing abilities
- Must be able to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology
- Must have proficiency and accuracy in Microsoft Office, 10-key calculator and general ledger software
- Must be able to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy, to make difficult mathematical computations with and without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, legible manner
- Job requires employee to reconcile program billing and receivables monthly.
- Job requires employee to assist with entering all billing into systems (CIRTS, Serv Tracker, Medicaid, etc)
- Job requires employee to reconcile monthly vendor billing and provide monthly billing analysis.
- Job requires employee to prepare financial reports with regards to accounts receivable and/or accounts payable for purposes of analysis within the department and/or organization
- Job requires employee to prepare monthly invoices for various programs.
- Job requires employee to prepare monthly cash receipts.
- Job requires employee to assist with audit related issues and projects
- Job requires employee to analyze expenses, including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results
- Job requires Ad Hoc analysis as needed
- Job requires employee to prepare correspondence as needed within the department
- Job requires employee to assist the Controller, as necessary, in the compilation of monthly, quarterly and special reports as required by funding agencies.
- Job requires employee to be able to perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position frequently.
- May require sitting at a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
- Frequently will move about the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Constantly operates computer and other office equipment such as a calculator, copy machine and printers.
- May occasionally move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various needs.
Anyone with these skills who is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to submit a resume to email@example.com and reference in the title of the email, Job Title: Fiscal Assistant II and Job code #FISCAL0817. Closing date September 11, 2017.
AGING TRUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE