Closing Date: On-going
The Part-time Home Health Aide will be responsible for assisting older adults with activities of daily living in their homes. These services include but are not limited to bathing, dressing, and assistance with ambulation, eating, light housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, errands and medication reminders. This individual will interact with staff from throughout the Foundation, elders and their loved ones, and service providers throughout the community.
Compensation for this PRN position is dependent upon experience and education. Shift differential will be considered.
- Must have valid nursing assistant certification by State of Florida OR a home health certificate.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Must have previous experience in home health care.
- Must have a current health certificate/physical examination, two-step TB test, and CPR card prior to start.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving history, proof of automobile insurance and be willing to use personal vehicle for organizational travel.
- Must successfully pass a level II criminal background and drug screening.
General responsibilities of the Home Health Aide include:
- Accepts assignments according to agency protocol.
- Provides personal care services as requested by clients, such as assistance with baths/showers, shampooing, nail and skin care, oral hygiene, toileting and eliminations; help with dressing, eating, and ambulation; practices safe transfer techniques.
- Assists with self administered medication.
- Provides housekeeping services as requested by clients, such as laundry, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping.
- Observes and reports any safety hazards in clients’ homes or changes in clients’ condition.
- Provides companionship as requested by clients, such as reading aloud, playing cards, completing puzzles, talking, etc.
- Completes reports detailing services for billing, tracking and administrative purposes and submits them as required.
- Reads and records temperature, pulse and respiration, observes and records nutrition and fluid intake.
- Practices basic infection control procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Hours for this position will vary depending on client needs. Work hours may include evenings in addition to Saturdays and Sundays.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime may be required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by a supervisor.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients and their family members orally and in writing.
- Must be able to lift 25 to 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable working in client home settings.
Anyone with these skills, interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth, is encouraged to apply. Submit your resume via e-mail to Human Resources at email@example.com and include job code HHA/CNA in the title of the email.