The IT Assistant works closely with the Network Administrator to meet the IT needs of our organization. This position is a professional and highly responsible position, necessary to ensure that our agency operates with the highest quality IT services available to all employees of our agency. This position requires prior IT experience, excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in IT, helpdesk or technical support.
- In-depth knowledge of software, including Microsoft Office, Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2.
- Previous experience in Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Data Protection Manager, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, Sharepoint a plus.
- Knowledge of windows scripting, databases, reporting, group policy, and most importantly, the intelligence and energy to tackle and learn new tasks.
- Microsoft and CompTIA Certifications are ideal but not required to begin employment.
- Must be CompTIA A+ certified within 6 months of hire date if not already certified.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Requires excellent organizational skills.
- Submit to DOEA background check and drug screening.
- Responsible for assisting all employees with their questions about any of our supported software and computing platforms, in a professional and courteous manner.
- Resolve technical problems with computer (desktops, laptops, servers, tablets, smartphones), Local Area Networks, and other systems.
- Maintenance and support of all computer software and hardware.
- Resolution of helpdesk tickets submitted by staff, including time tracking, documentation of work performed and direct communication with users.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime maybe required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Frequently lifting and/or moving equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various needs.
- Frequent local travel to other locations to troubleshoot and maintain company hardware and software.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
- The person in this position will occasionally be required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with employees who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Anyone with these skills that is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference in the title of the email, Job Title: IT Assistant Job code #ITASST1117 closing date December 15, 2017.
AGING TRUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE