How to Volunteer Senior Care Services
Volunteers are needed to fulfill roles in the following capacities or programs:
“Get Back Into Life!” Group Therapy Program Volunteer
Part-time volunteer needed to dedicate six to eight hours a week toward assisting with this group therapy program for isolated older adults with depression, anxiety, or grief and loss related issues. Therapy sessions are held every Tuesday. Volunteer tasks include:
- Contacting participants weekly to determine attendance
- Coordinating transportation for participants
- Setting up therapy room and welcoming participants
- Preparing coffee and providing assistance to participants during break
- Maintaining group therapy topics binder
Telephone Reassurance Volunteer
Part-time volunteer needed to contact seniors over the phone to provide companionship, counseling and assistance in obtaining services the elder may need.
Caregiver Mentor Volunteer
Caregiver mentors provide information on caregiving, assistance with referrals for services and a listening ear to an assigned caregiver. A major goal of the Caregiver Mentor Program is to assist caregivers by providing information regarding resources for common caregiver needs.