The health and well-being of our clients, volunteers, and staff are of the utmost importance to Aging True Community Senior Services. The following policies have been established in accordance with the CDC and Florida Department of Health guidelines to protect against the transmission of the Covid-19 virus. Because the recommended guidelines have increased the number of seniors who require Aging True’s services, or the services provided cannot be performed in the usual manner, we have also adapted our programs to social distancing needs. The new, adapted, or expanded programs are also listed below.
Policies for the Prevention of Transmission of Covid-19
- Any staff or volunteers who interact with clients or program participants must use these precautions:
- They may not enter the residence or other indoor space when delivering meals
- They must wear a face covering when meeting the client
- They must wear gloves when meeting the client
- They must maintain a distance of 6ft from the client, if possible
- Any interactions that can be shifted to a virtual platform rather than in-person should do so
- Any staff or volunteers who interact with clients must undergo precautionary testing for Covid-19 at a regular frequency or as needed.
- Any staff or volunteers who test positive for Covid-19, who have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, or who shows symptoms of illness similar to the symptoms of Covid-19 must self-isolate and may not return to work until they test negative for Covid-19 or their physician clears them.
New, Modified, or Expanded Programs in Response to Covid-19
The serving of hot meals at the Clay County Senior Centers has been temporarily discontinued. Instead, a pick-up meal will be provided during the regular midday meal period.
Seniors interested in receiving meals at one of the Clay County Senior Center sites or through Meals on Wheels home delivery should contact us through our contact form or call (904) 807-1203.
The four senior centers and the Adult Day Health Care Program in Clay County are closed to the public at this time. Meals are available for registered seniors to pick-up on weekdays.
Seniors who need services they would normally receive at one of the centers or who would like to register for a meal should contact us through our contact form or call (904) 807-1203.
Some tasks which home health aides have performed for clients are temporarily paused on a case-by-case basis to reduce the amount of time the aide must spend in close contact with the client. These tasks may include, but are not limited to: bathing, feeding, etc.
Please note: Aging True Home Health, our ACHC licensed skilled-nursing and therapy agency, has continued to provide regular care during this time.
The TeleHealth Mental Wellness program is now available for seniors and their caregivers. This program allows participants to access mental wellness services using the TeleHealth platform on their computer or smart device. For more information, click here to view our flier .
Meals on Wheels Clay and Duval Counties has partnered with local restaurants to expand the capacity of the daily meal service. These restaurants provide meals to Meals on Wheels, which delivers them to clients. These partnerships allow Aging True to serve nearly 3,000 additional meals per week.
Support Aging True during Covid-19
Your contribution will make a difference in the lives of our seniors and will help all who need access to the programs we provide. Thank you!