The Development Coordinator position is a critical position within the Development Department and reports directly to the Director of Development. The position has significant communication with other department managers and outside constituency representatives. Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
The Development Coordinator assumes the primary responsibility for managing and coordinating all designated events and projects as assigned by the Director of Development. This responsibility includes not only the coordination of the events, but oversight and management of events to ensure they meet all financial, personnel and operational targets and deadlines.
The Development Coordinator will assist the Director of Development with fund raising activities including fund development, donor relations, special events and other fund development activities. The Development Coordinator will assist the Development department in achieving marketing, fundraising and public relations goals and objectives.
The position provides administrative support for the donor database, payment system, mailings, acknowledgements, and recognition. Additionally, the position provides assistance with cultivation, stewardship and appreciation and assists with messaging and communications strategies, including marketing, public relations and social media related to development and fundraising efforts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience (Communications, Public Relations, Fund Development, Etc.)
- Knowledge of the Development Process – Identification, Qualification, Cultivation, Solicitation, and Stewardship. Strong financial literacy.
- Experience managing development databases and proficiency in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, developing reports and data visualization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable and aware of the nuance required when communication to a broad group of audiences – funders, staff, the public, clients, etc.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Creative and forward-thinking approach to objectives and problems. Must be collaborative and work well with the team.
- Must display a significant degree of computer literacy, and be technologically proficient in a variety of programs, including but not limited to:
- o Microsoft Office Suite
- o Graphic Design and Video Editing programs within the Adobe Suite (PS, AI, ID, XD…)
- o CRM/Donor Databases – Ideally Bloomerang
- o CMS/WordPress
- o Email Marketing Platforms such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, Retention Science
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. High task management capability.
- Experience coordinating special events highly desired.
- Experience in giving presentations, public speaking, and effectively communicating to various audiences.
- Understanding of how to plan for, track, and monitor spending of the Development Department’s various budgets.
One of the primary functions of the Development Coordinator is the management and coordination of our donor base. Working to achieve the organizations budgeted fundraising goal, the Development Coordinator will:
- Create and implement a corresponding project plan which will include execution of essential functions of the plan and manage the associated donor relationships to achieve the project goals.
- Manage and supervise data entry for gift records, so that the processing, tracking, reporting and acknowledgement of gifts are performed an accurate and timely fashion. Ensure that the data derived from these activities is maintained, continuously updated, and easily accessible.
- Assist in reconciling donor database (CRM) entries with the general ledger via Business Services; Identify, develop, implement, and maintain database policies and procedures as related to all fundraising activities. Document and regularly update procedures manual.
- Create development activity, fund raising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Work alongside the Director of Development to plan and execute major event fundraising events.
- Maintain and follow a grant calendar, including researching and assisting in funding applications.
Communications and Marketing:
The Development Department oversees the internal and external communications of Aging True. As such, the Development Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Producing targeted mailing lists for communications, solicitations, invitations, etc.
- Assisting in the creation and delivery of collateral and other information to both the internal and external audiences. This may include internal and external newsletters, brochures, and marketing materials for other special projects.
- Performing various basic tasks surrounding media relations including composing press releases and maintaining a media contact list.
- Procuring organization photos, event photos, and photo releases.
- Developing and executing the media and social media content calendars and providing accurate and updated information on the website and or employee intranet.
- Attending community outreach events with development staff, including meetings, committees, and various tabling events & expos.
- Assisting the Director of Development in collecting programmatic statistics, personnel information, and client data to be utilized in Annual Report, promotional events, various campaigns and creating communications programs that effectively describe Aging True.
- Researching, developing, and designing content for publication of newsletters, annual report, sponsorship contact and solicitations and other fund development related collateral.
- Maintaining client quotes, current photographs, news clippings and media mentions of Aging True Board members, clients, staff, community at large, etc.
- Researching and maintaining estimates, costs, vendor contact and pricing information, etc. for Development projects, promotions, etc.
- Maintaining all development project files, revenue/expense reports, sponsor reports, presentation boards, and luncheon needs.
- Preparing and implementing direct mail projects.
Anyone who is interested in a rewarding opportunity please submit your resume for review. Please email your resume to [email protected] with the Subject Line “Dev Coordinator June 2022”.