Aging True is pleased to offer virtual mental health counseling to Clay and Duval County seniors and their caregivers. Participants receive face-to-face counseling services via the Telehealth platform. These services include community referrals, access to necessary support systems, education on mental health symptoms, coping-skill training, and individual counseling.
Participants need to have Internet accessible technology and an Internet connection. Those who need assistance acquiring the necessary technology should contact us at (904)-807-1243.
Who is eligible for the program?
Seniors 60 and above who:
- Are experiencing increased social isolation
- Are having difficulties adjusting to age-related health concerns
- Have a change in their living situations from independence to living with family members
- Have been abused/neglected
- Are victims of fraud
Seniors 60 and above and/or their caregivers or family members who:
- Are experiencing symptoms of depression, anxiety or grief
- Are struggling with dementia behavior and requiring assistance
- Are considering Assisted Living Facility (ALF) or nursing home placement
- Have experienced a recent loss
Contact for more information:
Claudio Ventura, LCSW
Director of Mental Wellness
Aging True’s virtual counseling program meets the requirements as specified and outlined in the Florida law HB 23 (April 29, 2019): https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2019/23/BillText/er/PDF/