The responsibilities of care giving can be overwhelming at times. Our Respite for Elders Living In Everyday Families (R.E.L.I.E.F.) program allows caregivers to take care of themselves so that they may continue caring for their loved one, helping them to remain at home.
We need you to help our community by providing respite for caregivers of frail, homebound elders.
- Aging True’s R.E.L.I.E.F. Volunteers provide companionship to elders and respite for their caregivers in Clay and Duval counties.
- Regular, weekly scheduled visits by volunteers allow caregivers to make appointments or attend to errands outside the home
- Each volunteer makes at least 3 visits per week – may include weekends
- All volunteers and families are screened prior to participation in the R.E.L.I.E.F. program
- Stipends may be available to assist volunteers with travel expenses
- Examples of activities include letter-writing, neighborhood walks, companionship, reading aloud, puzzles, making snacks, etc.
- Spanish speaking volunteers needed!
Interested? For more information about our R.E.L.I.E.F. or to apply to volunteer, contact our Volunteer Manager, Francine Castillo:
Email: [email protected]